Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Songs Of My Heart - IT'S ANOTHER DAY'S JOURNEY AND I'M GLAD ABOUT IT


These are The Mighty Clouds of Joy. If you like group music, you'll love to hear their many, many recordings.

I don't know who wrote this song, but I'm glad they did. Many have sang it as a solo, a group, and as a choir.

When I sing it, I just love to recount how the Lord came into my life and why I'm glad about it today. When I think about going on a journey, I know I'm moving. I'm not sitting or standing stagnant, just catchin' whatever comes my way. No I'm taking action today. There is purpose in today, and I'm going to find it.

What does it profit me to dwell in sorrow, aches and pains, hurts of the past or even yesterdays mess-ups? I can linger there and become depressed, obsessed, and doubtful of today, making myself and everyone else around me miserable - or I can be glad that my Lord has given me new mercy, new grace for today. There's another song that says, "Pick Yourself Up, Brush Yourself Off, And Start All Over Again." This is what 'Another Days Journey' says to me.

The old folks used to pray, "Thank you Lord for a reasonable portion of my health and strength." I may not have it all, but I thank You for what I have. They used to say, "Thank you for clothing me in my right mind," recognizing that we could have woke up this morning totally messed up." So I'm Glad for this another day.

I don't know where some of you came from, but I know the Lord brought me from a mighty long way. Yes, from lovin' the alcohol and not allowing it to ruin my life - He brought me to sobriety. From molestation, rejection and depression - Yes, Jesus brought me, and I'm so glad to be alive to encourage someone today to KEEP ON GOING, DON'T GIVE UP. This is a new day, and I'm glad about it.

This is the Day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in this day. I shall not die, but live and tell of His mighty works - I Am The Work Of HIS Hands, and so are you.

Blessings Y'all!

It's another days journey and I'm Glad
C: I'm glad about
L: I'm so glad
C: I'm glad about
L: I'm so glad
C: I'm glad about
L: It's another days journey and I'm Glad
C: I'm glad about, I'm so glad to be here

L: It's another day for Jesus and I'm Glad
C: I'm glad about
L: I'm so glad
C: I'm glad about
L: I'm so glad
C: I'm glad about
L: It's another day for Jesus and I'm Glad
C: I'm glad about, I'm so glad to be here

No comments: