Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Songs Of My Heart - THANK YOU JESUS



My phone rang today at 5:10 AM, usually no one calls at that time of day unless there is a death or sickness. But it was my mom. She said she had been troubled during yesterday, and had a dream last night and she knew she had to help me. There was a situation in my life, and the Lord showed her what to do. Last night driving home from work, I was crying and singing, "Guide me oh Thou great Jehovah, pilgram through this barren land, I am weak but Thou' art mighty, hold me with Thy powerful hand." Tho' I had prayed and done all I could, it wasn't enough to make things right, so I was still seeking direction. So I sang a prayer. The Lord hears His children, and even though I didn't know how this situation would end, He was already working it out through my mom.

There are times when nothing else is appropriate to say except THANK YOU JESUS. THANK YOU to the Lord, and THANK YOU to people He has put in our path to help us on our way. From the core of my soul I know that had it not been for the Lord, I would not have come through yesterday unscathed, and made it to today whole. This is one of those days that I cry,"Thank You Jesus, for You brought me from a mighty long way."

The song says,"You've been my mother, You've been my father, You've been my sista'. my brother too...You've been my doctor, my lawyer, my bread and water too."
His Word assures us over and over again that He'll be there for us; Seek Him first, trust Him to never leave us alone, and don't forget to say, THANK YOU JESUS!!

No comments: