Sunday, July 19, 2009

Songs Of My Heart - MY SOUL IS ANCHORED IN THE LORD



Private First Class Bowe R. Bergdahl of Idaho is the first of our soldiers captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan. HE NEEDS THE COMBINED PRAYERS OF ALL OF US.

When I first heard about his capture, I cried. But I also realized that God is with him. This song, tells us that we are sometimes in the storm, and sometimes the storm does not seem like it will ever end, but through it all when we are in Christ Jesus, we are anchored to someone stronger than any political system can boast of. Let us as a nation of world-wide Christians put this young man in specific prayer.

Acts 12:5...but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him....
We pray for all our troops, but let us combine our prayers for the return of Bowe as the early Christians did for Peter. I do believe prayer changes things and the hearts of people. I pray today that his soul is anchored to our Lord and Savior. I pray that in the middle of his storm of fear he will find peace that will carry him through this. I pray for his protection that the no matter what the enemy would attempt to do, they come up against our Lord and see His strength, and His love that He has for not only this soldier, but for the world. Not only can prayer break the chains of imprisonment of cells, but prayer can break the stony, cold hearts of unbelievers who would do harm. I pray that through the combined prayers of of the world for Bowe that his captors will themselves see the miraculous love of Christ and recieve Him.

Though the storms keep on raging in my life,
and sometimes it's hard to tell the night from day,
still the hope that lies within is reassured
as I keep my eyes upon the distant shore,
I know He leads me safely to that blessed place He has prepared.

But if the storms don't cease, and if the winds keep on blowing in my life,
My soul has been anchored in the Lord....

No comments: